Please enjoy the following PDFs as games, activities and ideas that you can do at home.
These two documents include snack and lunch ideas, ways of being physically active at home, some tips for parents, sample newsletters and more. Remember to explore the “For Fun” tab to see even more games that promote motor development and recipes that are good options for the whole family.
- Healthy Eating and Healthy Beverage Ideas for the Family
- Physical Activity and Screen Time Ideas for the Family
Single pages of the Family section in each manual are also available here for easy viewing.
Healthy Eating and Sugary Sweetened Beverages:
- Canada’s Food Guide Tips
- Go for Grains
- Lunch Ideas for the Whole Family
- Making Healthy Food Choices And Being Aware Of Unhealthy Advertising
- Parents as a Healthy Role Model
- Snacking on Vegetables and Fruit
- Sugar is Sweet – And Drinks Are Too?
- Super Snacks
- Tips for Packing Healthy Snacks and Meals
Physical Activity and Screen Time:
- Active Parent Role Modeling
- Chickens Bark and Tree Huggers
- Coloured Flashlights
- Fundamental Motor Skill Development
- Herding Sheep
- Homemade Track Race
- Kite Flying
- Less Screen Time for More Fun Time
- Physical Activity and Socialization Skills
- Physical Activity Definitions
- Physical Activity Intensities
- Ring the Bell
- Touch That
- What Are Physical Activity and Sedentary Behaviours?